HammRadio Today: 09/06/2006 --
What? Should we have kept them at CTU?
9/6/2006 7:13 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
George W. Bush is SO incompetent, that we are not even bothered to care. Like a long running television show that Jumps the Shark.
Bush Admits to Secret Prisons and there doesn't seem to be as much outrage. Is it the fact that with shows like Alias, 24 and The Unit we are immune to these secret worlds that our government uses to combat our enemies both foreign and domestic. It makes us feel safer, right?
Or is there a lack of outrage at this point about anything Bush does because we have just grown tired of raging. I know my buddy Kyle at Lakeside-Park.com won't get himself worked up about Bush anymore.I suppose it's kind of like how Mr. Wilson's brother John moved in and took on the pubescent Dennis the Menace. He's pissed off, but you know he's just a pest that will be gone when he turns 18. Or kind of like when Mr. Feeny stopped caring about Cory's antics on Boy Meets World. I suppose in some ways you could say Bush as Jumped the Shark?
Next thing you know he's going to move the White House to Hawaii and look for buried treasure... .
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
Now onto Today's Links...
- Sports Guy NFL Preview
- Finally, we can take all the detail and humor that he focuses on the NBA to a sport that truly matters that NFL. Am I kissing the Sports Guy ass only because he picked the Eagles to go 12 and 4. Well, yes, yes I am.
- Conlin | When I'm King of the World -- Howard and Kiner
- What would Ralph Kiner's home runs totals be if he never got hurt??? What will HOWARD's be when he's done??
- A$$-hole of the Week nominee: Hewlett Packard
- For spying on your board of directors, illegally (maybe???) accessing your PRIVATE phone records from telephone companies. This is one of the most egregious cases of spying on employees I have ever seen. The phone companies should be held liable in a civil suit. Criminal charges should be brought against HP and the firms they hired.
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations -- WOXY.com Ends it's Streaming on 9/15/2006. Take the time to listen in before it's gone.
- Pows of the Day:
Howard Jones "What Is Love?" Woxy.com Vintage
Grant Lee Buffalo "Truly, Truly" Woxy.com Vintage
Shane MacGowan & The Popes "Haunted" Woxy.com Vintage
The Afghan Whigs "Mr. Superlove" Woxy.com Vintage
The Pretenders "Talk Of The Town" Woxy.com Vintage
Silversun Pickups "Well Thought Out Twinkle" Woxy.Com
Sigur Ros "Svefn-G-Englar" Woxy.Com