HammRadio Today: 6/3/2009 --
Clash Wednesday! Bruce Springsteen style.
6/3/2009 9:55 PM
Byline: Mike Cunningham
I've never seen Bruce Springsteen in Concert. Although, I once received a standing ovation at Breen's in Huntingdon Valley after a rendition of
I've never seen Bruce Springsteen in Concert. Although, I once received a standing ovation at Breen's in Huntingdon Valley after a rendition of "Born in the USA" shortly after we invaded Afghanistan in 2001. Springsteen was in Philly recently, and one of my buddies told me that he played London Calling. Being as this song is one of the greatest songs every written, I was overjoyed. But I wondered if he was able to pull it off? Well, you decide.
This is not the first time Springsteen played the song obviously. In 2003 after Joe Strummer died, Elvis Costello, Dave Grohl, Bruce and Little Steven,Tony Kanal of No Doubt, and Pete Thomas of the Attractions go together for the grammy's and performed this treat. I'm not sure why Little Steven gets lead vocals here, although I love his solos:
Here's a good article on charity event for Joe Strummer.
HammLinks: Around The Web Today
- Trunk Club Helps You Talk To Hot Chicks By Dressing You Better
- The best part? You get to talk to hot chicks so you CAN dress better. There's no way a web cam website where men get changed in and out of clothing in front of hot chicks could possibly go wrong.
- Asking yourself about Netbooks versus Smart Phones?
- It's the same answer as Burger King versus McDonald's Apple Pies. Glad we can help.
- I thought you were joking when you said the City was falling apart.
- scary stuff. I'm not sure how anyone didn't get hurt here. This would have killed someone. Looking to invest in a hard hat and shoulder pads for walking around town.
- MS screws with firefox
- This would bug me, if I used Firefox
- What's better than a Sports Guy Mailbag?
- How about a Fake Mailbag about the NBA! Sports Guy's World. Where Amazing Happens. I hope you know I was being sarcastic there. Maybe there's a article about the Red Sox we can link to. Ah look at that. That feels better.
- CoCo's funny twitter bit
- Well, it seems like the new Tonight Show is making a stand. While Jimmy Fallon is embrassing these new technologies. Conan will take on these new technologies and mock them. Conan is now officially your grandfather's tonight show. That should make every one feel old.
- HammRadio.com's suggested On-Line listening Stations
- Pows of the Day:
*** POW OF THE DAY ***